Soul Spa Float Centre Privacy Notice
Who we are –
Our website address is: https://www.soul-spa.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it –
Only used for you
We only use your data to ensure you have the best experience possible at Soul Spa.
Data protection –
At Soul Spa we are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and security. If you have any questions about data protection you can email email@example.com. We will speak in plain language in relation to your data so that you know what is going on. We don’t have anything to hide.
No unwanted emails
You will automatically receive emails from us regarding your appointments. This is separate from our mailing list. We are fairly sure you will find these helpful and relevant, but if you do not want them please contact us.
If you are signed up to the mailing list we may send you marketing emails (news and offers) from time to time that we feel will be of benefit and interest to you. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time using the link in the email.
Please note that if you opt out of our marketing emails, we may still send you emails that are required to provide you with our service such as booking confirmations and receipts.
Only what we need
We won’t keep information that we don’t need. Just what helps us deliver a good service.
Retention principle –
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide services to you. If necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. But only if this is required by law.
Your rights –
You may choose, at any time, to have us remove any or all of the data we hold about you. Please contact us at 01424 602963 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data
We use the following data to create an account for you: Name; email; phone number; address; preferred contact method; date of birth.
Prior to 9th July 2020 this was stored on our booking platform called Amelia. From 9th July 2020 this will be stored on Mindbody, our chosen booking and purchasing software.
Holding personal data allows us to do the following things that make your experience better:
• We can send you booking confirmations and a reminder about your appointment to make sure you don’t forget or lose your booking
• We can send you purchase receipts which you may need for VAT purposes
• We can call you to inform you of any last minute changes to your appointment
• We can confirm that you meet our age restrictions
Your visit history and preferences with Soul Spa
Keeping this information allows us to do the following things to improve your experience:
• We know how many times you have been so we can ensure we tailor the experience to your experience level
• We can see if you are a regular customer that consistently shows up for appointments and we can take this into consideration if you miss an appointment without letting us know. This ensures we treat loyal customers fairly
• Some people have preferences such as specific rooms or music, keeping this data helps us to understand what you prefer and why so that we can make the experience perfectly tailored to you
• We may keep notes on our system that will support us in providing the perfect experience and meeting health and safety requirements; for example, if you are pregnant or physically disabled it is important that we know this so we can plan in advance
• You may ask us at any time to see any information we hold about you and have it removed.
Purchase history and what you have already used –
We store this information so that we can see what you have paid for and used, and what you still owe for floats we have provided.
We have special offers that you can only use one time, or within certain time frames, so we need to see when they have been used or not.
We may use this information to see what most of our customers buy, then we provide more of the things that they like.
Your Payment Information
Our bookings and payments system is Mindbody (As of 09/07/2020). Prior to this date we used Stripe to take payments.
Details about Mindbody –
“Mindbody is a PCI Compliant Level 1 Service Provider. Level I Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance means that Mindbody meets the credit card industry’s highest security standard, so you can rest assured that your data is safe. Part of being compliant includes encrypting your clients’ credit card numbers and showing only partial credit card information in your software. We also encrypt your client’s billing information, back it up daily, and securely store it offsite. Each year, we must go through a rigorous audit to ensure that we maintain those high standards.”
When you make a purchase with us –
• We offer you the option to have your payment option stored on our secure system (Mindbody). We do not store any details without your approval.
• If you are a member with a regular payment, our system (Mindbody) holds only the necessary details to maintain your membership.
• We only use this info to take payments or give refunds and to prevent or detect fraud.
• You may choose to remove your payment information at any time.
Please be aware that Mindbody is operated outside the EU.
Details about Stripe –
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. Some user data is shared with our third-party service, this data includes necessary data to complete transactions with our payment provider, as described.
Information about your phone or laptop & how you use our website and all
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your responses to surveys, competitions, and promotions
Sometimes we run customer surveys to see how we are doing and what you think we can improve.
We keep responses, but it’s all anonymous (unless you choose otherwise). We use the information to improve our service, our centre and our pricing.
You don’t have to give us any personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy services from us. You are also not as likely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. That is your choice – and we respect that.
You may choose to see any data we hold about you.
Subject Access Requests –
Under the GDPR ‘right of access’ you have the right to request:
• If and how your data is being processed
• What data we hold about you
To make a Subject Access Request to have data deleted permanently you should contact Mindbody directly.
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
• The right to request that we delete your data or stop processing it or collecting it.
• The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
• The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Sharing Data –
We do not sell or share any data with anyone. Your data does not leave Soul Spa Float Centre and is only accessible to us on the platforms mentioned above (Mindbody, Stripe, Amelia, Mailchimp).
Online advertising –
We engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we use targeted adverts. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The adverts you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Soul Spa (for example, your Soul Spa search history, and the content you read on Soul Spa) or on adverts you have previously clicked on.
Changes we make
If we make any changes to how we process your data, we will:
• Make this clear on the Soul Spa website.
• Contact you to let you know via email so that you can review the changes before deciding to continue to use Soul Spa.
Telephone: 01424 602963
Mail: Soul Spa, 33 Devonshire Road, Bexhill on Sea, E.Sussex, TN40 1AF